Senior R&D Manager
- You will lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performing engineering team responsible for design and development of next-generation cardiovascular devices.
- You will partner with internal and external experts to maintain and strengthen relevant technical expertise.
- You will grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- You will participate as a member of the Coronary and Renal Denervation leadership team.
- You will lead and ensure achievement of project objectives and milestones with initially complex or undetermined outcomes.
- You will contribute to project decision-making using personal expertise, customer input, and strong engineering and clinical judgment.
- You will manage high-level engineers, and other managers, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
- You will actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- You will collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluate progress of direct reports.
- You will be responsible for managing functional cost centre budget and resource allocation.
- You will understand and comply with company policies & procedures and external standards & guidance.
- You will generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organisational challenges.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Nicola Walsh.