We are working exclusively with an advanced start-up who are looking for a Senior R&D Mechanical Engineer to join their team at a pivotal moment. The purpose of the role is to provide mechanical design expertise to support the day-to-day research, development and design activities associated with the development of their product.
The Senior R&D Mechanical Engineer will work as part of a team to assist in the development of innovative medical devices in accordance with the requirements of International Standards and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in transfer of developed products from R&D to manufacturing
· Design, develop, analyse, troubleshoot, and provide technical skills during research and product development
· Provide 3-D CAD (Creo) for product concept development, and prototyping.
· Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
· Support the implementation of design changes to Operations.
· Work within the Design Team to brainstorm conceptual ideas and produce, refine, and test rapid prototypes.
· Participate as a Design Team member in the development of current and new products.
· Document results of design and development activities
· Work within the Design Team to debug and resolve product design and development issues, researching new ideas and technologies.
· Maintain technical documentation in accordance with Quality Management System requirements.
· Third Level Qualification in Engineering (Mechanical Preferably), or related discipline.
· Minimum of 2 years demonstrated track record in medical device development.
· Proficiency with CAD software is preferred
· Demonstrated capability in plastic part design for injection moulding, and in part design for sheet metal manufacturing.
· Experience with Rapid Prototyping Techniques.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.