My client, a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life are looking for a Senior R&D Innovation Manager to join their new R&D Facility based here in Galway. This will be a hybrid role split between the office and WFH. If you are looking for a role to make a real impact on your career and on patient lives please get in touch today.
- Lead the R&D innovation strategy in the area of lateral flow technology with ownership for realizing conceptual / ideation projects in to the new product development pipeline
- Develop and own the R&D Human Factors Engineering activities for IDEM and create “norms” in design phase that drive formative studies and patient interaction to improve useability.
- Drive design best practices through design for six sigma philosophies and create a design roadmap for best in class devices
- Foster innovation culture through the establishment of invention disclosure goals, metrics and IP process.
- Ownership of Design Input Requirements management tools e.g. JAMA and significant contributor to design controls oversight.
- Create and deploy development strategies while providing tactical leadership for medical device innovation and product support programs.
- Ensure that strategic proposal milestones are achieved with cross functional partners
- Create and manage design input (user needs) program working collaboratively with Commercial, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Quality and other stakeholders.
- Understand new innovative technologies from other industries and integrate in an innovative way in existing or future systems.
- Must have the ability to work with customers, patients, Key Opinion Leaders and End Users to develop and refine VOC into Design Inputs
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- BS or MS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
- MBA or other Advanced degree is ideal
- 10+ years of complex system design including design best practices with proven technical leadership experience
- Previous experience as either a systems engineer, design requirements owner or technical leadership role for complex Medical Device.
- Excellent problem solving methodology with an ability to impart knowledge to wider R&D organisation
- Demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions between technology, clinical and business objectives
- Complex problem solving and decision-making based upon the available data.
- Leverages personal experience with a proven track record in developing R&D teams
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; ability to communicate a complex technical scenario to all parts of the organization
- Effective at building strong cross functional relationships with the key stakeholders.
- Communicates up and down appropriately and effectively
- Ability to develop relationship and collaborate with internal, external suppliers and Key Opinion Leaders
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.