An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior R&D Manager to join a leading multi-national who are expanding in their R&D teams. It's an opportunistic time to join this organization as they focus on dealing with the growing opportunity to provide new, minimally invasive, treatment options to more and more patients.
The Senior R&D Manager will be a member of the global leadership team guiding the overall strategy and be responsible for the development of a large Engineering organization. They will also be responsible for one of the therapy areas, working with cross functional partners on the development of strategies and our product pipeline.
As the Senior R&D Manager, you will lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performing engineering team responsible for design and development of life changing medical devices and procedures.
- As part of the leadership team you will participate in the ongoing development and scaling of the organization in line with business demands and ensure that we have the competencies in place to deliver predictable outcomes.
- Partner with internal and external experts to maintain and strengthen relevant clinical and technical expertise and to contribute to strategic planning for the organization and within your Therapy area
- Grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- Support and ensure achievement of project objectives and milestones with initially complex or undetermined outcomes.
- Contribute to project decision-making using personal expertise, customer input, and strong engineering and clinical judgment.
- Manage high-level engineers, and other managers, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
- Actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- Collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluate progress of direct reports.
- Responsible for managing functional cost center budget and resource allocation.
- Understand and comply with company policies & procedures and external standards & guidance.
- Generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges.
- Qualified to a Level 8 Degree in Engineering or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within a similar environment.
- A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills.
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on a global team.
- Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.