An exciting opportunity has arisen with a global medical device company in Galway who are looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer to work in Product Release. This is an initial contract position but will offer excellent exposure and opportunity to successful candidate.
The Senior Product Development Engineer will be a technical expert, supporting Released Product Engineering across the Global portfolio.
- You will provide engineering design expertise and technical leadership to cross functional project teams in critically assessing the potential design impact associated with operations & sourcing product changes including manufacturing continuity & cost down initiatives.
- You will be directly involved in extending the product life in existing markets as well as supporting new geographies and developing markets.
- You will be directly involved in making sure our products are maintained through the full product lifecycle and that these products comply with evolving global standards.
- You will support the introduction/implementation of product/process/materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
- You will monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
- You will support department goals and initiatives as part of the R&D Released Product Engineering team.
- You will represent Medtronic Vascular externally with our customers and provide technical support on field related activities such as sales team training/education, extending product lifecycles, emerging markets, account support, and complaint investigations.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Bio- Medical or related discipline with minimum 7-10 years relevant experience .
- Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
- We are looking for individuals with experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- We are looking for strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills.
- We are looking for a good communicator and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a more detailed job specification and a confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.