Our client, a global medical device multi-national in Galway are looking for a Senior R&D Engineer to join their team. This is an initial 12 month contract with the possibility of extension and permanency and the role can be worked hybrid.
The successful candidate will work within an innovative, talented and supportive team as they advance technologies. The team is unique in so far as they have the have the design ownership of both the Delivery System and the product from exploratory through to global commercialisation.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical direction and system level understanding and expertise regarding design, development and sustaining of transcatheter heart valve devices.
- Provide technical guidance to a dynamic interdisciplinary team of engineers from project concept, through product development and post commercialisation.
- Lead engineering design, development and support of next generation and current generation transcatheter heart valve products.
- Be proficient in the application of design tools, process factors and performance outputs required to drive heart valve concept.
- Apply Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering knowledge to the design, development and assessment of prosthetic heart valves
- Create/develop technical capabilities and expertise related to the design and testing of heart valve Technology.
- Develop hydrodynamic and fatigue test methods and characterisation techniques to evaluate performance of valve prototypes.
- Generate valve design concepts, build and evaluate prototypes.
- Conduct tests utilizing existing test protocols, or develop new ones as needed and generate related written reports.
- Document concepts, designs and design modifications in accordance with internal policies, industry standards and FDA requirements.
- Maintain technical knowledge current with advancing technology related to cardiac valve prostheses and associated technologies in addition to knowledge of competitive technologies
- Level 8 Bachelors Engineering Degree (240 credits) or related discipline, with 6+ years relevant industrial experience.
- Position requires relevant mechanical/biomedical engineering experience, exposure to design of experiments, specification development, and prototyping.
- Technical Project lead experience
- Experience in the design and development of valve prostheses and associated processes are desired
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.