A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway are currently looking to hire a Senior R&D Engineer to join their team. This is a permanent role and will offer excellent exposure to the full product life cycle and emerging, disruptive technologies.
The Senior R&D Engineer will be an integral part of the time and will work cross functionally throughout the business in a collaborative role.
- You will be a technical expert, supporting Released Product Engineering across the Global portfolio.
- You will provide engineering design expertise and technical leadership to cross functional project teams in critically assessing the potential design impact associated with operations & sourcing product changes including manufacturing continuity & cost down initiatives.
- You will be directly involved in extending the product life in existing markets as well as supporting new geographies and developing markets.
- You will be directly involved in making sure our products are maintained through the full product lifecycle and that these products comply with evolving global standards.
- You will support the introduction/implementation of product/process/materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
- You will monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
- You will support department goals and initiatives as part of the R&D Released Product Engineering team.
- You will represent the company externally with their customers and provide technical support on field related activities such as sales team training/education, extending product lifecycles, emerging markets, account support, and complaint investigations.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Bio- Medical or related discipline with minimum 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
- Experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures.
- Dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills.
- Good communicator and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.