A permanent Senior R&D Engineer role has arisen with a medical device client in Galway. This role is an ideal growth opportunity for an experienced R&D Engineer to join their team.
As the Senior R&D Engineer you will provide technical guidance to a dynamic interdisciplinary team of engineers in the post commercialisation phase of the product lifecycle.
- Responsible for supporting commercialisation of next-generation minimally invasive medical devices for the treatment of valvular heart disease.
- Independently, or as a member of a team, develops, directs, and executes plans for a major segment of complex projects.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to enable design intent to be maintained on commercialised products whilst also helping provide post launch support by being a source of key product and clinical knowledge.
- Use of design change process to ensure proposed changes are systematically and thoroughly analyzed before beginning the change process.
- Works cross-functionally with project management, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical and marketing to ensure project success.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing to reduce product costs through design improvements.
- Works with other functions to understand feedback from the market, providing design knowledge input to understand device performance and anatomy interaction, look for opportunity for device improvement and interact with physicians as necessary to optimise outcomes.
- Interfaces with vendors and physicians where projects require.
- Maintain product performance through Quality Investigations and ensuring rigorous support for design changes.
- Performs troubleshooting and leads a team on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- Summarizes, analyzes and draws conclusions from test results, prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- HETAC Level 8 Degree in a relevant Technical Discipline, preferably Mechanical, Polymer, Materials or Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience preferably in the health care industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership abilities.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.