We have a new opening for a Senior R&D engineer to join a multinational medical device company based in the Midlands. This position can be Hybrid.
The Senior R&D Engineer will be responsible to Lead higher-level engineering efforts to design & develop new medical devices, manufacturing processes, equipment and systems by defining specifications, materials and manufacturing procedures. You will have the opportunity to work with brand new products, all innovative products no line extensions. You will part of a small team with great exposure cross functionally.
Senior R&D Engineer responsibilities:
- Support new product development by leading the technical assessment of new product design inputs, collaborating closely and effectively with the cross-functional team, delivering high-quality, original solutions to meet user needs.
- Translating multiple inputs from Regulatory, Quality, Marketing, Human Factors, etc. into product requirements, specifications, and detailed trace matrices.
- Interface with Marketing, Health Care Professionals, Customers and suppliers as necessary to identify product opportunities, develop product solutions, solve problems and complete projects leading up to commercialization of new and/or modifications to existing products.
- Provide appropriate direction or directly lead higher-level engineering efforts to design products, processes, equipment, tooling and components by using engineering principles on a Computer-Aided Design (CAD) system and evaluating them using analysis techniques such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Perform product testing, create models and prototypes to prove out new designs and changes to existing designs.
- Champion Continuous Improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment through the use of Lean Manufacturing and statistical data analysis techniques such as TMV, Gage Studies, Process Capability Studies, DOE and SPC.
- Lead or participate in project, design and technical reviews.
- Interview, recommend and assist in the selection of department personnel including engineers and summer interns.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate improvements to existing products, manufacturing processes, machine test equipment.
- Support regulatory submissions and clinical trials as required.
- Ensure projects are developed and documented in compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Develop, approve, and revise Quality System Documents, including SOP’s, Work Instructions and Validation Protocols & Reports.
Senior R&D Engineer requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, Professional Engineer certification or advanced degree preferred; other technical disciplines considered.
- 5-6 or more years of relevant experience in engineering field related to manufacturing.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
Attractive Benefits Package include: Bonus, Remote Working, Health Insurance and Company Pension Contribution
For a full job description and confidential discussion on this role please contact: Gillian Nicholson