Are you looking to work with a global leading Medical Device company in the heart of Galway? I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior R&D Engineer to join a growing team in the cardiac and vascular space.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development.
- Effectively represent Medtronic while interacting with physicians to filter their needs into product requirements and concepts.
- Participate in technical innovation across the department.
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process.
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to generate feasible designs.
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally.
- Play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts potentially progressing a project from concept phase into commercialization phase.
- Contribute to resolution of technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities.
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property.
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers.
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Qualified person to Bachelor/Master’s Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Medical device product development experience would be advantageous.
- You are an experienced professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices.
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role please contact Rhys Joyce.