Senior Quantity Surveyor | Limerick/Galway
With a Consultancy background, who will assist the QS Team on all costs relating to Building and Civil aspects of various projects including mixed commercial, residential, industrial, and educational, from initial concept design stage estimate to final account settlement. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimize project costs, implement value engineering and ensure value for money, while still achieving the required highest standards and quality.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Preparation of cost estimates throughout the various stages of the design and pretender
- Preparation of Tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, schedule of rates etc.
- Advise on procurement and tendering strategies
- Assist with the Implementation of Value Engineering opportunities, managing VE opportunities
- Assist in establishing client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies of design options and additional items
- Perform risk and value management and cost control
- Contract administration of various forms of Works Contracts
- Preparation and analysing tender costings
- Assist the QS Team in providing advice on contractual claims
- Manage the change order process with the assistance of senior team members.
- Preparation and Agreement of Final Accounts
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Assist the QS Team in managing and agreeing on the final account for the projects.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- BSc Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 8+ post-graduation experience preferably within a Consultancy practice
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor with SCSI / RCSI or equivalent professional body or working towards same in the coming year.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Cubit and Buildsoft
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills Attention to Detail including good presentation skills
- Strong construction knowledge and experience in Industrial, Multi Unit Residential, Educational and Civil Works Projects
- Firm understanding and working experience of Contracts and Procurement methods including GCCC Contracts
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kevin Griffin