Our client, a fast-growing food manufacturing company in the midlands is seeking a Senior Quality & QMS Manager to lead the quality function and team.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Factory Manager, the Senior Quality & Quality Management Systems Manager provides leadership and expertise in all aspects of Quality, both regulatory and customer requirements. As a leader of the Quality Assurance function, the Senior Manager will support and work with production teams to ensure that Food Safety and Product Quality standards are met. This is a fantastic job opportunity for an individual who would like to work in a dynamic and evolving environment offering opportunities for development and progression.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development, implementation and verification of all aspects of the Quality Management System onsite.
- Audit ready site programme leader including preparation and successful achievement of all external audits from customers, regulatory bodies (HSE, Dept of Ag) and third party accreditation bodies (BRC Global Food Safety Standard and RSPO).
- Interaction on Quality issues with both customers and suppliers of raw materials, packaging and services.
- The management and development of the QA department and staff.
- Implementation and Development of a Food Safety & Product Quality Culture across the business, aligned to Origin Green and companies Visions and Values
- Supporting all production departments and personnel to comply with customer product specifications and standards through provision of the necessary tools and training to do so.
- Ensuring all specifications for customers and suppliers are in place and up to date.
- Works Successfully With internal team members and external customers, suppliers, auditors and consultants.
- Third level qualification in a food science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role as a Quality & QMS role, bakery an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of food safety legal requirements, BRC Global Food Safety Standard and Retailer
- Solid experience in developing, implementing and updating Quality Management Systems; lead out Quarterly. Quality Reviews with Senior Management Team.
- Expertise to complete documented food safety risk assessments with clear outcomes and deliverables for site teams.
- Ability to effectively lead and drive agendas with the HACCP, TACCP / VACCP, Mock Recall Teams.
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory and customer requirements – proficiency in being able to review, interpret and implement new requirements.
- Demonstrate achievement in successful Customer and Accreditation audit grades - unannounced audits and/or several audits within the same audit window.
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft packages (including Teams), experience / formal training of Retailer Portals (TQC, Hive, Hamilton Grant) and competency in remote auditing communications tools.
- Ability to manage and deliver their own and QA Team workload within agreed timeframe.
- Resilience with strong accountability skills.
- Team player who can communicate effectively and work well with cross functional teams both in house and with front end commercial teams.
- Enthusiasm for food product quality and awareness of emerging food trends (sustainability, nutrition).
*Excellent salary and benefits package on offer*
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Ranait Coughlan
(090) 6450664 (01) 66 200 88