Our client a major multinational here in Galway are looking to hire an experienced and qualified Senior Quality Engineer on a permanent basis.
As the Senior Quality Engineer, you will demonstrate commitment to the Quality Policy through your daily execution of sound quality practices and the maintenance of an effective quality system and compliance with regulations governing the quality system.
- Select appropriate techniques for problem-solving and make solid and consistent Engineering and Quality Assurance recommendations.
- Have the responsibility and authority to make decisions related to product quality including the disposition of non-conforming products.
- Participate in Customer Complaints investigation for areas under your control.
- Demonstrate and actively promote the highest level of professional QA Engineering discipline and rigor.
- Be a leader in QSR, ISO / MDD standards within your group, be constantly aware of best industry practices.
- Have significant expertise in validation engineering and be familiar with all regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve operational, test and validation data to establish technical specifications and performance standards for newly designed or modified products and processes.
- Champion continuous improvement and innovation from a quality perspective within the department from vendor selection to customer awareness/satisfaction.
- Be an effective team member, be fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and LRP Objectives.
- Work with EHS to identify significant environmental impacts of company XXX operations and help to establish goals and targets around significant environmental impacts.
- Deals with suppliers, other engineering disciplines within and outside of the Site, and customers should the need arise.
- Provide technical guidance to Quality Engineers, Associate Quality Engineers, technicians, and inspection staff.
- Build quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- A level 8 in Engineering, Science or equivalent experience with a minimum of 8 years of experience in a healthcare environment.
- 5 years experience in the Medial Device / Combination Product (Highly regulated environment)
- Experience with new product introduction
- Team player with strong work ethic and positive mentality
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with excellent stakeholder management.
- Strong technical knowledge & understanding of product design.
- People management experience is an advantage.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle McInerney
091 706 717