We have an new opening for a Senior Quality Engineer with a well established company based in Athlone. As the Senior Quality Engineer you will be a senior member of their Quality Function within a customer focused, export driven manufacturing company based in the midlands of Ireland which is part of a larger global group of companies. For this role we ideally would like this person to come from an engineering or manufacturing or Plastics environment.
Excellent career advancement opportunities to potentially move into a Senior Quality Manager position.
- Key duties will include:
- Driving continuous improvement from a quality and cost perspective.
- Internal communication regarding quality performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure personnel adhere to quality checks and procedures
- Exchange with customers regarding customer requirements / problem solving.
- Effective communication of customer requirements to all departments
- Achievement of company quality metrics
- Ongoing compliance of Quality Management System to ISO 9001 standard and oversee the internal audit programmes.
- Preparation of Management reports on quality metrics
- Assistance with training of operational personnel in relation to Quality topics
Education and Experience
- Education to Degree level, ideally in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- Further qualification in the field of Quality Management is an advantage.
- Over 7-8 years Experience working in Quality
- Industry experience required - Engineering or Plastics environment
- Experience in an operations function within a high volume manufacturing environment, ideally in a plastics-related sector
- Proven track record in continuous improvement and project management techniques e.g. Lean, 6 Sigma etc.
- Have a strong knowledge of the importance of driving processes in the department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is comfortable liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with a good team spirit and the ability to influence others in a positive manner.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, maintaining high standards and has the ability to prioritize tasks and workload effectively while meeting tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel within Ireland, UK and Europe (small percentage of role)
- Excellent Career Progression Opportunity
- Pension Company Contribution
- Subsidized Canteen
- Onsite Parking
For further details on this position please contact Gillian Nicholson at email@example.com