- Mentor for technical guidance for identifying and resolving quality issues.
- Technical and communication lead on all material assigned quality issues.
- Lead Supplier Quality process improvement programs across people, service, quality and cost.
- Manage projects which include new products, process improvements, and cost reductions while supporting day to day operations success of assigned material commodities.
- Promote the Quality System within the Supply Base. Work within a commodity structure, along with IQA and the business unit to ensure that components meet design requirements.
- Assist commodity team in the development of new supply sources, qualify component or process changes to specified parameters and within given timeframe.
- Chair weekly & monthly quality review meetings with suppliers, cross site commodity teams and drive both proactive quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Work on supplier capability assessments: (WSVA, Gage R&R, FMEA etc.).
- Select appropriate techniques for problem solving and make solid and consistent Engineering and Quality Assurance recommendations.
- Ability to independently design and coordinate engineering tests and experiments including Design of Experiments in support of Problem Solving Road Maps.
- Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.
- Lead investigation of component quality issues as they arise. Work with Quality, Production, Regulatory, supply chain, and suppliers to resolve component issues.
- Investigate field failures related to supplier materials. Develop corrective action plan where necessary.
- A Bachelor (HETAC Level 8) of Engineering, Sciences or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 -8 years’ experience in supplier quality in a Medical Device environment.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with demonstrated excellent stakeholder management capabilities.
- Role is within Supplier Quality, knowledge of Material Controls & Lead Auditor Qualification will be an advantage.
- People management experience will also be an advantage.
- Proven organization and execution skills.
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions
- Proven leader and team player with the ability to drive tasks / projects to completion
- Ability to travel 15% of the time.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloisa Ruiz on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com