- Reference: CJ47061
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Tipperary
- Category: Medical Devices
- Mentor for technical guidance for identifying and resolving quality issues.
- Technical and communication lead on all material assigned quality issues.
- Lead Supplier Quality process improvement programs across people, service, quality and cost.
- Manage projects which include new products, process improvements, and cost reductions while supporting day to day operations success of assigned material commodities.
- Promote the Quality System within the Supply Base. Work within a commodity structure, along with IQA and the business unit to ensure that components meet design requirements.
- Assist commodity team in the development of new supply sources, qualify component or process changes to specified parameters and within given timeframe.
- Chair weekly & monthly quality review meetings with suppliers, cross site commodity teams and drive both proactive quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Work on supplier capability assessments: (WSVA, Gage R&R, FMEA etc.).
- Select appropriate techniques for problem solving and make solid and consistent Engineering and Quality Assurance recommendations.
- Ability to independently design and coordinate engineering tests and experiments including Design of Experiments in support of Problem Solving Road Maps.
- Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.
- Lead investigation of component quality issues as they arise. Work with Quality, Production, Regulatory, supply chain, and suppliers to resolve component issues.
- Investigate field failures related to supplier materials. Develop corrective action plan where necessary.
- A Bachelor (HETAC Level 8) of Engineering, Sciences or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 -8 years’ experience in supplier quality in a Medical Device environment.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with demonstrated excellent stakeholder management capabilities.
- Role is within Supplier Quality, knowledge of Material Controls & Lead Auditor Qualification will be an advantage.
- People management experience will also be an advantage.
- Proven organization and execution skills.
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions
- Proven leader and team player with the ability to drive tasks / projects to completion
- Ability to travel 15% of the time.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!