- Reference: SJ44642x
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Sligo
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Senior QC Lab Manager
We are currently sourcing a high caliber Snr QC Lab Manager to lead and coach a diverse, technical lab team in Sligo. Reporting to the Quality Director, this position has been identified as a key talent development role that will be leveraged to identify future leadersfor local and international career opportunities. The successful candidate will be interfacing with the global quality group and engaging with the local onsite senior leadership team to deliver on key strategic quality programmes.
Supported by an Assistant Lab Manager, 3 Supervisors and 20+ highly skilled lab analysts, in this role, you will manage API & Drug Product (DP) Laboratory Operations, Finished Goods, Raw Material/ In-Process and Laboratory Continuous Improvement/Compliance Operations.
In this role, you will:
- As the strategic & operational QC Lab Manager, provide key support and input to the Quality Director in ensuring the effective design and delivery of our strategic site quality projects, programs and associated long range plans
- Have responsibility for the successful design and delivery of lab related programmes (including financial spend), engaging with and influencing key stakeholders both on site and across the commpany enterprise
- Lead and develop your high performing team of Supervisors and Lab Analysts ensuring that the department has the appropriate talent and level of performance to meet business objectives
- Foster culture of development and technical growth in the team; leveraging internal and external expertise to strengthen technical capabilities
- Assure conformance to all government and corporate regulations. Responsible to develop, provide, defend, persuade Corporate/Plant practices with outside organizations. Routinely meet with regulators (FDA & EU) and customers to ensure no interruption in business due to compliance issues.
- Meet operations objectives within planned budgets, providing input to Director for resources needed to construct budget, updates, and changes in financial plan.
- Establish and execute plans and commitments consistent to Development, Manufacturing, Customers and Business needs
- Develop, negotiate, finalize timeline and cost estimates for projects and/or service contracts to support business operations and/or external customer’s needs
- Propose, design, and execute projects related to the strategic needs of the business operations
- Develop and consider alternative solutions and innovation to maximize business results, fostering a culture of new ideas and methodologies in the wider quality team
- Leverage and share previous knowledge and experience of best in class quality and laboratory management systems.
- Partner with Quality Director and key internal stakeholders (Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain etc.) to advance the QC Lab support services capabilities, building on previous successes and lesson learnt to deliver improvements year on year
- Participate / lead European lab improvement work streams in conjunction with colleagues across 4 European sites
- Involvement in QC center of excellence driving lab transformation initiatives across the company network
Education & Experience
- BSc degree in Science or equivalent and 10+ years of relevant experience OR MSc degree in Science and 8+ years of relevant experience OR PhD in Science or equivalent and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Must be experienced and demonstrate high level of technical skill in technical lab operations and good understanding of related business.
- Related knowledge in Product Quality, Quality Control Lab Operation and Regulatory requirements is required.
- Prior experience of liaising with key regulatory bodies HPRA, FDA etc
- Ability to work independently to meet operational goals and business needs.
- Ability to develop, design, executes and manage complex research programs.
- Ability to make operational and business decisions with minimum direction from immediate manager.
- Must have knowledge and skill in personnel management, and develop and managing budget.
- Ability to interact and establish positive interaction with internal/external customers.
- Shows broad understanding of the issues relevant to technical/science and business.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!