- Reference: SJ46981
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Sligo
- Category: Retailing, Wholesaling & Purchasing
Our client, a leading company in Sligo, is seeking a Senior Purchasing Specialist.
- Responsible for supporting Engineering Projects
- Responsible for managing Capital Purchases
- Responsible for executing against the purchasing and supply management strategies created by the Category Managers.
- Work intimately with customers, divisions and the Category managers driving the organisational model.
- Provide superior levels of customer service and satisfaction while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity.
- The Snr Purchasing Specialist has delegated authority to commit company funds.
- This position will work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility and specifications in the procurement of goods and services while contributing cost savings, partnerships with suppliers and other value added activities to support customer needs and expectations.
- Proactively seek and lead innovative ways to improve the procurement processes, cycle times, and customer service levels
- Considered an SME across categories.
- Strong understanding of “One Procurement” category strategies and work on projects that impact the “One Procurement” team.
- Is recognized as an expert within own area.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Act as a lead, coordinating work but may not be a supervisor.
Core job responsibilities
- First line responder; pivots between strategy and operations. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Execute against larger category strategies and work in the guidance of strategic category leaders
- Researches and evaluates products and suppliers. Performs value analysis on costs and supplier quotes.
- Recommends process improvements to streamline for efficiencies.
- Analyses complex problems and delivers solutions
- Support PO conversion
- Manage PO approvals
- Educate on existing solutions and enable performance and tech tools development
- Support Ops issues and invoice error resolution. Solves complex problems
- PO change management and evaluate the cause for change.
- Enable supplier integration and KPI’s
- Drive value and lead savings outcomes
- Collaboration with functions
- Develops bids and proposal formats. Lead complex RFPs as well as lead small projects.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering, Science, Business, or Financial Degrees. CPM certification desired with 4-6 years of or Procurement experience. Functional experience.
Question: I am responsible for managing two junior staff members at an advertising firm. They work on projects together but have their own specific tasks to carry out. When it comes to presenting their work to myself and my superiors, one of the members has a habit of hogging the limelight and claiming credit for […]read whole article
What a night at the Great Places to Work Event! Over 900 attendees this year which is a record and The Clayton Hotel Burlington Road deserve great credit for running a smooth operation ensuring everyone was well looked after as always. The brilliant Camembert Quartet, house band of the Late Late Show, entertained us […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more