Senior Production Planner required with 5 years plus experience in planning at supervisory level. Galway city.
- Specialist in production planning, with excellent knowledge of customer/market requirements and manufacturing plant capacity.
- Leading and developing a team of planners including Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance.
- Through the SI&OP process, work with Global Supply Chain to validate the customer requirements signal.
- Partner with production to develop a Production plan that meets customer service requirements while maintaining minimum inventory and optimal manufacturing cost.
- Collaborate with all process owners in the supply chain (end to end) to ensure that customer service requirements are met.
- Negotiate & present plans with all levels of management in the plant and with external demand planning and marketing contacts. A strong communicator, focussing on key messages and targeting key stakeholders.
- Analysis & maintenance of all production planning related reports, files & documents, including Plant & Product Performance.
- Analysis, reporting & committed response to all backorders/ line fill misses.
- Takes a structured and system-based approach to the role leading the planning team by example in this regard. Continuously reduce the reliance on tacit knowledge by adopting a systemic, data-based and sustainable approach.
- Work with New Product Introduction teams to deliver production plans according to project goals/ schedules.
- Prepare requirements for inter-company materials, liaise with Sister site on sub-component requirements through inter-site SI&OP process.
- Ensure effective inventory management & control in line with company targets.
- Minimum of a Level 8 (240 ECTs) Degree in Materials or Business Management (or related discipline).
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated successful experience in a planning environment at a Supervisory level.
- Experience with ERP systems is required; SAP & Kinaxis Rapid Response is preferable.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, proficient in MS PowerPoint
- APICS certification preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.