Senior Procurement Specialist required with 3-6 years plus experience in medical device.
The Procurement Senior Specialist to support multiple categories: Finished Goods (OUS), instruments, packaging, and electronics (Europe). This role will be expected to develop and lead assigned Category Procurement Strategies across the assigned regions for business, working closely with the Procurement team to drive synergies.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in both Corporate and Division organizations to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Be accountable for building and nurturing stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing and procurement services.
- Leveraging professional expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results. Leads the development of functional strategy.
- Leads change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others.
- Leverage market and supplier knowledge to drive lower total cost of ownership.
- Represent company strategically in the industry and community.
- Develop and mentor peers on the category subject matter and sourcing strategies.
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Mastery of category spend.
- Develop and lead category strategies in collaboration with senior leadership and execute to completion that have impact upon global business.
- Anticipates internal/external business challenges and drives change.
- Lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives.
- Lead project teams responsible for selection of category strategy. Recruit, mentor, train and develop talent.
- Research and evaluate business requirements and suppliers.
- Drive value and savings for categories.
- Collaborates with other functions.
- Develop and execute competitive bidding processes (e.g. RFPs, RFIs, RFQs...).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Supply Chain, Business or Technical area (e.g. Engineering). MBA preferred.
- Class A, APICS, Lean or Six Sigma certification or experience preferred.
- 3-6 years of procurement, supply chain or operations experience.
- Experience in a highly regulated matrix environment.
- Experience dealing with Privacy data requirements and contracting (PII, HIPAA, PCI, PHI).
- Skilled negotiator with knowledge of contract structures and language.
- Change manager with strong influencing skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.