Our client one of the world leaders in medical device design, manufacturing and distribution are looking to add a a Senior Process Development Supervisor to their growing NPD team here in Galway. The Program Managers focus on tactical, operational activities for a major program with broad or ongoing impact. Levels within the program management career stream typically accomplish program objectives through matrixed employee teams and / or vendors who are not direct reports but for which the incumbent has direct accountability to lead. Most of the time is spent overseeing their area of responsibility, managing program/team performance, communicating project and operational developments, planning, prioritizing and / or directing the responsibilities of program team members. Goal achievement is typically accomplished through performance of program team members.
· Leads or leverages cross functional teams to evaluate, develop and manage projects for new product development and ongoing lifecycle management of products, processes, and therapies.
· Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
· Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products and processes.
· Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
· Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
· Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
· Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
· Gathers requirements, works on requirements planning, requirements elicitation and requirements management to ensure they meet demands of project’s key stakeholders.
· Communicates with stakeholders, obtains stakeholder engagement to ensure the end products or processes will solve the business problems.
Qualifications – External Key Skills & Experience
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Science
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
· Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, and tactics within one job area.
· Typically has solid knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
· Medical device product development experience and a strong understanding of FDA, ICH, and IEC standards.
For a confidential and detailed discussion on the company and the role please contact Chris O Toole