Senior Process Control Engineer
Global Biologics Company
- To ensure effective support of the process control systems for the Biotech Manufacturing Facility.
- To provide technical support, change management and administration activities to the process control systems, ensuring ongoing availability, reliability and compliance.
- To provide specialist knowledge relating to process control, and be a subject matter expert.
- To effectively contribute to the resolution of operational issues, co-ordinating proactive and reactive activities associated with all process control systems equipment ensuring that these occur in accordance within regulatory requirements, site specifications and scheduling requirements.
- Support manufacturing operations in respect to process control systems, for planned improvement activities and unplanned issue rectification, complying in full with all relevant procedures.
- Act as a Technical Subject Matter Expert (system administrator) to assume responsibility for the performance of key automated systems (Emerson DeltaV, Siemens PLC’s).
- To ensure appropriate standards of GMP/cGMP, housekeeping, and HSE disciplines are applied within his/her area, and maintain automated control systems in accordance with the Orange Guide and CFR regulations.
- To continuously explore and identify new and improved solutions, targeted at enhancements to quality and operational performance of the process control solutions.
- To assist with the investigation of deviations that may be raised due to issues within the process control systems.
- To propose and manage minor process control related projects to budget, time, and compliance.
- Train, develop and mentor engineering and operational staff to enhance the breadth and depth of systems knowledge within operations teams.
- Proactively maintain knowledge of industry best practice and developments within control and automation arena.
- Ensure that customer expectations are met for Business KPI’s, developing and communicating where necessary appropriate metrics.
- Deputise for peers and Process Controls Lead as and when required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The role holder should be qualified to degree/HNC level in a relevant discipline and have experience working within engineering, preferably in a Pharmaceutical environment.
- Engineering competence, time management, diplomacy, assertiveness, and the ability to work under pressure are also essential. A positive and pro-active approach is needed to aid resolution of issues.
- A detailed technical understanding of process control is essential.
- A knowledge of Emerson DeltaV and standalone PLC’s would be an advantage.
- A knowledge of MES solutions (Emerson Syncade) would be an advantage.