Our Client a medical device start-up here in Galway are looking to hire an experienced Structural Heart Senior Polymer Component Development Engineer to join their team.
The Senior Polymer Component Development Engineer will be based in the Galway facility and will be a leader with detailed and hands-on experience and knowledge of medical device development for interventional cardiology.
As the Senior Polymer Component Development Engineer, you will be an experienced engineer with intimate knowledge of thin film polymer processing. Your key responsibility will be the development and optimization of one of the company’s core technology components. You will also be responsible for the development and ultimately manufacturing of thin film polymer components as well as their assembly and integration into the final device.
- Design and development of polymer components and specification of polymer materials/formulations to achieve required functional & mechanical performance.
- Develop processes and work instructions for the manufacturing of proprietary polymer components in the company’s catheter device
- Develop and maintain the polymer processing manufacturing environment
- Ensure good communication with peers and management in the continuous feedback loop between device design, design characterization, and manufacturing processes
- Develop test methods and protocols for design verification testing of the polymer component
- Anticipate risks and challenges; proactively ensure availability of adequate mitigation plans
- Ensure adequate IP generation to protect novel developments and findings
- Manage relationships with third-party development and manufacturing vendors
- Either a primary degree or Master’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline such as polymer, mechanical, biomaterials or biomedical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of medical device development experience
- Experience in medical device GMP and compliance with ISO 13485
- Familiarity with statistical analysis techniques and DOE
- Experience in equipment specification, design, and qualification
- Competency in Solidworks or equivalent 3D CAD system
- Self-directed engineer with an entrepreneurial drive
- Have an established vendor network relevant to the device development
- Experience with the creation and processing of thin polymer films, in particular biocompatible elastomers.
- Experience with the creation of thin film polymer 3D shapes.
- Experience with the bonding of thin film polymer layers
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Occasional Travel
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney
091 706 717