Our client is a leading global insurance and financial services provider that is expanding their operations into Ireland. They are looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join their finance team at their new site in Dublin 18. This role will work very closely with the CFO and is a great opportunity for someone who is ambitious to join, and grow with this company.
- Payroll Processing: Manage and oversee the end-to-end payroll process, including data collection, verification, and distribution. Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing for employees.
- Compliance: Stay up-to-date with payroll regulations, tax laws, and reporting requirements. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local payroll-related laws and regulations.
- System Integration: Collaborate with the CFO to evaluate, implement, and optimize payroll systems and software. Streamline processes and identify opportunities for automation.
- Auditing and Reconciliation: Conduct regular audits and reconciliations to identify discrepancies, resolve issues, and maintain data accuracy. Implement effective controls to prevent errors.
- Reporting: Generate and distribute payroll reports to relevant stakeholders, ensuring transparency and compliance. Prepare and submit payroll-related documentation for financial reporting.
- Benefits Administration: Administer employee benefits related to payroll, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other compensation packages.
- Communication: Collaborate with HR, finance, and other departments to address payroll-related queries, issues, and concerns. Ensure clear and effective communication with employees regarding payroll matters.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to improve payroll processes, enhance efficiency, and reduce costs. Implement best practices and stay updated on industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a payroll manager role.
- Strong understanding of payroll regulations, tax laws, and compliance.
- Proficiency in payroll software and systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Desire to advance and progress their career within the finance department.
What they offer:
- Brand new office in Dublin 18, easily accessible
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a great working culture
- Competitive salary
- 24 days Annual Leave
- Attractive benefits package including income protection and life cover
- Competitive & flexible pension contribution rates
- Bike to Work scheme
- Discounts on Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
For a confidential conversation please contact Niamh Cregg