Video for this job
JOB TITLE: Senior OSD Lead – Tech Transfer and NPI
An exciting role has become available working as a Senior OSD Lead to join a Global Biopharma in their Global Science & Technology team. The ideal candidate would be a Chemical Engineer with extensive experience with Technology Transfer and NPI with Oral Solid Dose products.
- Lead technical transfer and start-up of new solid dosage form processes.
- Participate in and lead the execution of plant-scale experiments.
- Lead CMC teams including tech transfers.
- Establish and review complex plans for multiple projects or activities and plan resource allocation and distribution.
- Provide technical support and training for solid dosage form manufacturing areas.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolution of process challenges.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, cycle time and other process improvements.
- Analyze process data to identify causes of deviations and production problem and recommends corrective actions.
- Use statistical process control and other statistical tools for comparison and hypothesis testing. Apply engineering fundamentals: chemistry, transport phenomena, thermodynamics, reactions, unit operations, dynamics, material science and process control.
- Recommend and evaluate experimental design options for complex technical problems with controls and consideration of error and variation.
- Effectively function as a principle investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
- Demonstrate creative ‘out of the box’ thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Mentor/supervise a team of one or more and ensure high performing results from their team
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Chemical Engineering Degree – BS or equivalent education and 10+ years of experience; OR MS or equivalent education with 8+ years of experience OR PhD with 6+ years of experience in the area or scientific area of discipline.
- Proven experience with Tech Transfers and NPI of Oral Solid Dose products.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a principal investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.