Senior Oracle Software Engineer
- Work as part of a global, cross-functional team to develop innovative software for organisation stakeholders.
- Contribute to projects by creating well-designed, customized, testable, efficient code for organisation platforms.
- Assist our teams in providing ongoing support, troubleshooting, improvements, or custom enhancements to existing organisation platforms.
- Occasionally participate in on-call rotations and/or provide after-hours support.
- Collaborate with our global teams, internal stakeholders and customers.
- Act as a subject matter expert for junior team members.
- Assist or lead in defining the requirements for custom built software projects.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of software development and relevant insurance experience or 5+ years of software development experience.
- Degree in technology, business, finance, accounting or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Relevant industry certifications (examples: Oracle Certified Associate/Professional) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working in the insurance industry and company framework.
- Mastery of one or more company platforms or similar work experience.
- Proven track record and ability to develop complex software solutions in Oracle and UNIX.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SQL performance tuning, and relational database concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX shell scripting, UNIX utilities, bash, ksh.
- Experience with large databases & data structures, UNIX administration, Web Services, JBoss, Angular JS or Java preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with software engineering tools and methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office.
- Excellent work ethic. Ability to work and travel independently. Demonstrated strategic thinking skills.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills. Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional, global team.
- Awareness of advanced technical concepts (examples: design patterns, SOA, SDLC).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com