Our client, a world leader in medical device design, development and manufacturing are looking to add a Senior Process Engineer to their team with a strong dimension of Operational Excellence that is a key driver built into all functions within the organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
- Drive Design for COS (DfCOS) Culture Change, leading, advocating and influencing change whilst driving process and systems excellence.
- Develop A3/DMAIC problem solving competency through DfCOS programs and teams whilst providing 6 sigma tools and methodology support in the resolution of key business issues.
- Develop and advance organizational knowledge of COS & DfCOS
- Coach CTOR’s & the wider NPD teams in the DfCOS process and subsequent attainment of the COS target conditions as they relate to their NPD programs.
- Provide specific DfCOS SME guidance and advice on individual technical (ex. Product & M/C design for COS) and cultural/social challenges
- Advise the Core Team Leader (CTL) on the DfCOS program progress, opportunities, challenges, roadblocks etc
- Lead the development of new DfCOS concepts and standards to address gaps that the core teams experience
- Develop these concepts and standards across all phases of PDP while also specifically helping to explore how the DfCOS process can better support the product development cycle from R+I through to Design Freeze
- Teach and Mentor CTL’s, CTOR’s and the Core team on the underlying principles of COS and DfCOS, helping with the understanding and creating empowerment space for everyone’s journey
- Contribute to the overall thinking around the development of the DfCOS process and how it can become better engrained in PDP
- Qualified to min degree Level 8 in Engineering, Science, Business or equivalent
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Deep Knowledge and experience in NPD and PDP are an advantage
- A proven track record in critical thinking with ability to see beyond the presenting issue
- through clear, concise, structured thinking is an advantage.
- A dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on crossfunctional
- Innovative by nature, comfortable at implementing significant change with strong
- analytical, interpersonal and people skills.
For a confidential discussion on the role please contact Christopher O Toole.