Our client based in Co Galway are looking for a Senior NPI Engineer to join their team.
As the Senior NPI Engineer you will oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Manufacturing group, you will lead a dedicated group of Engineers and Technicians within the New Product Introduction Group. You will also coach and mentor members of the NPI and PD teams during the introduction of large-scale projects.
- Lead and manage the execution of the following NPI and PD activities:
- Supporting the Introduction of ISO56000, Innovation Management Standard
- Design & Development of New Products through the Customer design process.
- Prototyping and Testing concept and initial Engineering builds.
- Design Verification and Validation including the development of test protocols & and reports.
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management as per ISO13485.
- Identify the requirements for new Technologies to support robust products and processes.
- Test Method & Process Development using statistical tools (R&R, DOE, Equivalence Tests).
- Clearly defined processes documented in standard work instructions.
- Process Verification and Validation for the release of products for commercialization.
- Leads and promotes a methodical and systematic Problem-Solving approach.
- Project Management and Execution of assigned projects spanning from concept to commercialisations including budgeting, prioritization, resource management, status/stakeholder management, and external communication.
- Scope & define new Technology User Requirements required to support the implementation of new projects.
- NFQ Level 8 or higher in a Technical Discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, or Bio-Medical) is preferred, with 5+ years of Medical Device Experience.
- Highly Effective and articulate communication skills with an ability to convey and link with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work across a number of different projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates behavior of high performance and creates an environment of high engagement within the NPI Team.
- Project Management of NPI & PD projects using appropriate methods and tools. (e.g. PMBOK, Agile PM Methods)
- Six Sigma – lead problem-solving and process improvement projects of medium to high complexity.
- Proficient and proven experience in Product and Process Validation.
Nice to have:
- Project Management and/or Six Sigma Qualification.
- Process experience in Grinding, Moulding, EDM, and/or Laser processes.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle McInerney
091 706 717