Senior NPD Manufacturing Engineer
My client are adding a Senior NPD Manufacturing Engineer to their growing team in Galway. The Senior NPD (New Process Development) Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading project-related Engineering activities within NPD and providing Engineering support to the Manufacturing department during the new product introduction cycle. In addition to this, the Senior NPD Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the development of both existing and new process technologies as required by new products and prototypes.
· Level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification.
· 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
· Laser Welding experience required.
· Laser cutting experience would be advantageous.
· Strong mechanical background with a good working knowledge of metal processing a distinct advantage.
· Ability to develop process settings/windows using scientific methodology.
· Knowledge of Six-Sigma methodology, problem-solving tools and Lean Manufacturing principles.
· A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost-effective solutions.
· CAD, Solid works and Minitab experience preferable.
· Experience working in a high-volume production environment would be beneficial.
· Computer literate and familiar with all Office software packages.
· Motivated to work on own initiative and the ability to make and implement decisions.
· Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
Excellent Salary & Benefits.
For a confidential discussion and more information on this role, please contact Nicola Walsh.