The role is for an experienced Moulding Engineer who will directly support moulding activities within their Design Engineering team. The engineer will be responsible for new mould designs from the initial Concept through DFM, development to process setup, validation and eventual transfer to production of newly moulded parts for key customers.
Their R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
- Collaboration with the CAD / Design / Process Development and Validation teams to ensure the best DFM practices are applied to all newly moulded parts.
- Support the Lead and Commercial teams to build proposals and unit prices.
- Scope out the equipment and tooling requirements moulding projects.
- Provide the interface with the tooling house in the design, provision, and sign-off for mould tooling.
- Complete product validations from generating of process windows through IQ / OQ / PQ protocols and reports.
- Provision of clear documentation including operating procedures, test methods, setup sheets, PM procedures that comply with GMP principles.
- Derive test methods for verification of moulded parts and be familiar with measurement systems such as Smart-scope, Toolmakers Microscope, and Shadowgraph.
- Knowledge and experience of lean six sigma tools a distinct advantage.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production/problem-solving team would be very desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and implement decisions.
- Working knowledge of measurement system (Smartscope, Shadow Graph, etc.).
- Participate in root cause and corrective action to analyze quality/ design problems.
- Polymer Engineering level 8 degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ Process Development / Manufacturing experience.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Project management skills and the ability to lead and direct a diverse team.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills and an ability to communicate effectively.