Our client, a medical device manufacturer, is keen to hire a Senior Moulding Engineer in Roscommon.
Reporting to the Business Unit Engineering Manager, the Senior Injection Moulding Engineer will work with the engineering and technician teams to develop new products are optimise moulding processes within the company.
Responsibilities ( Full job description available on request):
- Troubleshoot production moulds and processes as issues arise.
- Perform root cause analysis reports as required.
- Generate associated moulding documentation such as SOP'S , IQ'S / Protocols and also DMR's , process travellers and work instructions.
- Validate activities such as SIM (Scientific Injection Moulding) studies and other engineering studies for new processes and moulds.
- Liaise with Toolmakers in relation to projects, preventive maintenance and spare parts programmes.
- Lead decisions on mould design and steel adjustments to meet tight tolerances.
- Coordinate ongoing training activities with technicians (Internal & External).
- Level 7/8 degree in an Engineering discipline is desirable.
- 4 years’ experience in an injection moulding environment is desirable.
- Preferably worked either in the medical, Packaging or Technological industries with experience of process validations. Must be capable of coaching and mentoring others.
- Have good data analysis capabilities and be familiar with statistical software (ideally Minitab)
- Lean six sigma knowledge.
- Strong process engineering background and new product introduction experience.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn