This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a challenging role within the pharmaceutical industry. If you have previous GMP experience within a Micro lab then keep reading!
- To be constantly aware of customer’s requirements and strive to meet those requirements keeping in mind the cycle is not complete until the customer has obtained their report.
- To perform non-routine tasks in the laboratory or perform the particular type(s) of analysis assigned to them, backfilling for Analysts as required.
- To develop and validate new tests and procedures for the company and customers.
- To complete specific technological projects and write the results of these projects accurately, confidentially and on time for customers.
- To sign all technical documents once training in this task is successfully completed. This includes laboratory reports, SOPs, protocols, investigation reports and any other documentation issued.
- To authorise customer work from Analysts.
- To deputise for supervisors / managers, as required.
- To act as a mentor to less experienced Analysts.
- To keep the laboratory area clean and tidy in both ‘seen’ and ‘unseen’ areas.
- To provide cover for other members of staff as required and for taking part in the company’s weekend rota and/or overtime schedule.
- To ensure that all documentation is completed on time, accurately and legibly.
- To keep their training records up to date and to initiate training where possible.
- To update any relevant documentation as required.
- To adhere to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- To handle any customer related queries where necessary and liaise with the team to solve these queries if needed.
- To ensure that customers’ requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- To identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
- To demonstrate effective communication skills and a proactive attitude to solving any lab issues by liaising with the Team Leader and offering solutions where appropriate.
Education & Qualifications:
- A degree in Microbiology or a related discipline is desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a GMP analytical laboratory.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally