- Reference: CJ46946
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick
- Category: Bio-Pharmaceutical
Senior Materials Planner
Functions as part of Materials Management/Supply Chain by determining resources needed to meet manufacturing production schedule. Participates in Supply Chain projects, and improvement initiatives. Monitors Supply Chain metrics to identify gaps in current processes, improve service levels to internal and external customers, reduce waste, and improve the value chain efficiency. Supports the Supply Chain process, in maximising supply chain efficiency and effectiveness, and meeting the demands of a rapidly growing production operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review/analyses raw material inventory levels for assigned raw material items to maintain inventory strategy objectives relative to manufacturing plan and Inventory requirements.
- Create Purchase Order Requisitions and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production and supporting Departments’ demands.
- Strengthen relationship with key suppliers; develop stocking programs and/or vendor managed inventory to maintain security of supply where necessary. Communicate requirements through forecasting methods and one on one supplier site visits.
- Work with cross-functional team on enhancement of Planning development, Planning strategies and execution methods to ensure effective and disciplined planning of Materials to meet requirements.
- Maintain ERP system planning parameters and attributes accurately.
- Review documents such as production schedules materials requirements, and material priorities.
- Confer with QA/QC/Manufacturing/Procurement to understand material disposition, acquisition, and expedites.
- Collaborate with Material Data Management to ensure timeliness of data entry.
- Analysis of production data, including volume produced and consumption of raw materials.
- Strong Analytical Skills and ability to communicate details clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge of planning, performance metrics, project management; and supply chain management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Attention to detail, fact-based, self-motivated, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management, organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities makes decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Represent a professional, respectful, and courteous manner when interacting with co-workers, members, and suppliers.
Experience and Required Skills: Education and Experience:
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience in raw material planning or buyer/planner, including experience utilizing ERP or Enterprise Software experience. May substitute relevant experience in lieu of educational requirement.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Working knowledge of Oracle or other ERP systems advantageous.
- Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology knowledge advantageous.
- APICS or other related purchasing certifications advantageous.
- Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement knowledge advantageous.