Senior Materials Controller
Our client is a well established international company who is now setting up operations in Ireland. As one of the first hires for their Dublin site, the Senior Materials Controller will report directly into the Logistics Manager. The successful candidate will lead the Materials and Logistics for the Dublin site while overseeing 5 members of staff in the warehouse.
- To lead the Logistics function within the Centre in Ireland.
- Direct line management for all the Materials and Warehouse personnel on-site. To ensure the correct level of staff to meet the operational requirements at the site, regular performance management and development of the Logistics team.
- Drive a pro-active safety culture across the Ireland Logistics team, ensuring absolute focus on safety behaviours.
- Optimization of Service inventory levels for parts and finished goods so as to maximize customer service levels
- To implement and demonstrate best in class inventory management practices through the use of, but limited to: 6S, FIFO, Shelf-life control, obsolescence provisioning, physical inventory audits, WIP control and Goods-In inspection.
- Proposing and planning capital investments with the support of the Engineering / Procurement dept. to continuously improve the Logistics function.
- To develop and implement policies and objectives for the Logistics group that support the achievement of group objectives.
- Ensuring timely completion of all materials related transactions into the ERP system.
- Establish and report local Logistics KPI’s.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Degree in Engineering, Science, or Business, followed by 3 to 5 years experience in an Operations or Logistics related environment.
- Detailed Logistics/Supply Chain management knowledge and 2 to 5 years of experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including well-developed inter-personal skills relating to internal management members and global operations personnel.
- Familiarity with the principles of world-class supply chain management, its implementation and support.
- Computer literate, specifically: MS Office skills, with high proficiency in Excel and Access
- Evidence of an analytical approach using qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton.