Junior Plant Manager / Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Reporting to the Senior Plant/Manufacturing Manager, the Junior Plant Manager develops and executes the day-to-day plant operation plan to produce quality products and support distribution efforts. Includes the maintenance and planning of plant resources to provide optimal productivity. Responsible for upper management direct reports and up to 250 hourly indirect reports.
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve performance.
- Supervise plant employees to ensure the daily work plan for the plant is executed correctly and efficiently
- Provide ongoing and appropriate corrective feedback to assigned workers as required
- Promotes and enforces a culture of safety and well-being for all employees
- Monitor departmental performance with daily reporting against goals to ensure that progress is being made and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Responsible for plant housekeeping and driving 5-S implementation and mindset.
- Analyze and report on the plant’s daily, monthly, and annual key performance indicators and industry trends.
- Implement strategies for improving the financial performance of the department.
- Collaborate on the execution of production schedule and resolve any obstacles to on-time delivery.
- NFQ Level 7 (minimum)
- 4 years’ previous management experience in a manufacturing environment with proven leadership abilities.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, documents, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
For more information or a confidential discussion on the role, please contact Tina Egan