Purpose of Position:
Global responsibility for the standardization and oversight of Manufacturing Engineering teams developing, implementing and maintaining methods, operations sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies, Includes the design operation, control and optomisation of manufacturing processes to improve efficiency. Responsible for design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages.
- Drives alignment across the plant network to meet our clients requirements, rolls out CoE and Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) on technologies, processes and equipment.
- Own the deployment of key Engineering processes and initiatives into the sites.
- Implement, Run and Review the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) across the network.
- Set the monthly and yearly targets per process KPI in alignment with the overall strategy
- Develop the manufacturing Engineering Strategy in consideration of the footprint requirements to have suitable process capabilities and equipment available in the plants.
- Support production to balance capacity between the plants or to external receivers.
- Support the site production teams drive plant productivity increases through automation initiatives, material savings or any other cost reduction initiatives to increase the value add with reduced input.
- Be the interface between Development Engineering and production, be the NPI champion for Operations owning an organization structure to meet NPI project needs.
- Drive and champion Engineering talent programs, competency frameworks & standardized organizational models.
- Work with the Development organization to build technology roadmaps and engage with the manufacturing sites to help enable and implement those technologies.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Education:
- Ten or more years of demonstrated Engineering Management experience in technology or Medical Device Manufacturing working with internal and external customers required.
- Degree in Engineering / Science related discipline.
- Experience in the functional management of a manufacturing engineering teams.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations preferred.
- Must be results oriented.
- Demonstrated business acumen and confidence communicating to senior management and customers.
- Demonstrated ability in managing systems, managing up, and managing peers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and programs and meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Experience in managing local and global teams.
- Experience in Product/Project Lifecycle implementation and strong process and systems understanding preferred.
- Strong knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and component or assembly design principles required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, problem solving required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in on-line collaboration tools, and databases required.
- Strong knowledge of equipment & process automation.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25 – 30% annually.
For confidential disscussion get in touch today.