Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Value Stream is a key technical role in the company. They will be capable of working with different levels within the organisation in supporting the introduction of and manufacturing of medical devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the personnel management of Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians.
• Project Management & Technical Lead of New Products through the lifecycle of the NPI process.
• Support the internal Commercial Team on costings for new opportunities.
• Hands on approach to the ownership of first run builds for new products.
• Manage the translation of all technical specifications to shop packages including material, machines, tooling, or processes. Manage the associated Product & Process Documentation.
• Manage system of stating and modelling capacity in critical plant operations.
• Challenge and improve the work flow process for manufacturing assembly lines to achieve Quality at Source, fast feedback from inspections, clear and concise standard work and inspection standards.
• Use a structured problem-solving approach to diagnose and implement solutions to manufacturing issues.
• Lead the implementation of lean manufacturing principles to drive increased quality, productivity, efficiency and safety.
• Demonstrate good working knowledge & application of validation techniques & regulatory requirements.
• Design jigs/fixtures/tooling to ensure materials are produced efficiently and conform to print specification.
• Coordinate engineering change activities for the Value Stream.
• Analyse and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency and safety.
• Lead capital justification and implementations.
• Participate in insuring product quality both in day-to-day assembly and overall reliability.
• Provide training on new products and processes.
• Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials which are relevant to the Company’s business.
• To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These “other duties” will be agreed with management prior to any assignment.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
A Degree qualification in Engineering is coupled with 5+ years’ experience in an engineering role.
Other skills or relevant qualifications include:
• Must have excellent project management and proven cross-functional team leading skills.
• Must have People Management Experience
• Ability to read Specifications / drawings at an advanced level.
• Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
• A hands-on approach to diagnosing and fixing manufacturing issues
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
• Excellent attention to detail and a positive attitude in dealing with people
• Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office packages
• Experience working with Data Analysis Software (i.e. MiniTab) an advantage