- Reference: GY45512
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Limerick
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exclusive team that is already paving the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
- Leading, developing and managing a team of Purification Senior Scientists, Scientists and Associates that perform laboratory studies related to the production processes for biological drugs.
- Manage the team to ensure all activities related to scientific investigations are planned and coordinated cross-functionally, and executed effectively.
- Experiments will be conducted using scale-down models of chromatography columns and other purification steps using DOE or other experimental principles.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in leading and developing a purification sciences team, in-depth knowledge of protein separation techniques, experimental design and data analysis is required. Knowledge of complex raw material chemistry and experience in the identification of chemical markers is beneficial.
- Minimum guideline of PhD and 5+ years or BSc/MSc and 8+ year’s experience in related field required; equivalent combination of advanced education and experience may be considered. Ideal candidate has experience in biological drug substance (DS) manufacturing.
- Protein purification sciences
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Scale-down model development
- Experience in technology transfer is desirable.
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Raw material controls
- Word processing, spreadsheet, database management, statistical analysis, graphing, and presentation programs.
- cGMP operations awareness would be beneficial.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com