Our client a major multinational here in Galway are looking to hire a Senior Machine Vision System Engineer to join their team.
As the Senior Machine Vision System Engineer you will be involved in developing internal capabilities to assess, design and install automated inspection by means of Machine Vision, Image Processing, and ML technologies. This involves performing research initiatives as well as developing innovative production solutions. You must have the ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of technical reports within the business and provide a structured framework for training of technical reports and build collaborative relationships through strong teamwork across the organization.
- Lead and supervise team of vision engineers to deliver business goals and objectives, promoting innovation and growth within the team.
- Develops and enhances cross-functional team relationships and works cross-functionally to identify and resolve technical and organizational issues.
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering effective solutions from concept to implementation at pace.
- Develop, validate, and deploy computer vision data flows using open-source tools and proprietary tools such as Vision-Pro, Insight, Keyence XG, and MVTech.
- Provide strong leadership and problem solving to enable equipment technology innovation.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Complete project deliverables and monitor project schedule and scope changes to assure team can meet delivery requirements
- Directs the development of and ensures compliance with Software Validation/Control policies, and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Equipment Engineering procedures.
- Provides guidance and training to staff, motivates individuals to achieve results, and assists staff in attaining performance/training objectives and career goals.
- Ensure best machine vision practices are employed by the group to maximize equipment effectiveness.
- Provide vision systems development leadership and be the final arbitrator on choices/conflicts.
- NFQ Level 8 Degree (240 credits) in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field required
- 6+ years Software Development of Vision System applied to manufacturing required.
- Experience with at least one machine vision software such as Cognex Vision Pro, MVTec Halcon or LabView Vision required.
- Understanding of basic statistical analysis theory and experience applying this theory to the development of machine vision software required.
- Experience with Cognex Insight and Keyence vision systems preferable but not required.
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment preferable but not required.
- Experience with Cognex VIDi preferable but not required.
- Previous experience of people management and demonstrated ability in people motivation required.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle McInerney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 091 706 717