As the successful candidate, you will facilitate and direct the Lean/OpEx activities of teams and become the Subject Matter Expert in Lean and Operational Excellence Projects within the business.
Overview of your responsibilities: (Full job specification available on request)
- Management of large, complex projects and teams, using lean / six sigma tools and methodologies, delivering success in a short timeframe with high expectations.
- Steward the progress and deliverables globally, liaising between sites and management and develops communication and continuous improvement training plans
- Coaches leaders at all levels to drive lean and OpEx thinking into all aspects of operations
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Communicates project status updates, address priority challenges and coordinate risk mitigation
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensures resource availability and allocation
- Develops a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measures project performance
- Reports and escalates to management as needed
- Performs risk management to minimize project impact
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
- Participates in performance improvement teams and provides facilitation and technical support to assist including collection and analysis of data and documentation of results
- Conducts training where appropriate for lean, six sigma and OpEx
The ideal candidate will have:
- An engineering background and a level 8 HETAC degree relevant to the role
- A Lean Six Sigma black belt qualification
- Formal Project Management training and certification
- Extensive expertise in lean, process and operations improvement
- Consulting and/or Project Management experience – 5+ years of experience in managing a diverse range of projects in a complex work environment
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Amy Newell.