JOB TITLE: Senior Lean Engineer
- Working as part of the Business Excellence team you will be responsible for identifying and delivering new initiatives for the organisation that are value added to the business excellence program.
- Act as a ‘Change Agent’ using our clients lean program tools, project management tools and stake holder management to deliver sustainable step change projects.
- Coordinating the development of a project pipeline; including resource and risk analysis and based on cross functional input.
- Directing project execution, tracking project milestones, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans
- Communicating project status by preparing standard status reports, participating in departmental and customer project status updates and business unit review meetings.
- Focus on incremental improvement through a narrow and deep transformation process.
- The relentless pursuit of waste reduction in manufacturing and business process using lean six sigma tools and principles.
- Drive lean training and education to raise the level of awareness and competence within the organisation.
- Provide coaching and mentoring in Lean principles to both direct and indirect including cross functional personnel
Primary degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
Excellent coaching and influencing skills
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification with 5 years post qual. Exp. as a practicing black belt
Demonstrated delivery of tangible benefits using CI approach & tools
Proven experience in leading Kaizen workshop events including Line balancing, Standard work etc.
Experience delivering lean six sigma training an ability to coach on LSS tools
Experience of rolling out & embedding CI across an organisation
Excellent problem solving skills with an innovative approach
Ensures adherence to quality and safety standards with all improvement efforts
Proven ability to adapt to work priorities in response to a rapidly changing environment
Good operational knowledge of Medical Device Industry with 5-10 years’ experience of manufacturing