Senior Learning & Development Specialist Part Time - Galway
The Senior Training & Development Specialist will manage all operations training systems and compliance projects.
- Consult directly with our business and support team members to develop effective, engaging, and valuable learning solutions.
- Design, development, and facilitation of virtual and in-person instructor-led training including New Hire Onboarding, leadership development initiatives, continuous professional development, team building, and culture learning programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects with quick deadlines.
- Be innovative and creative with course design and facilitation.
- Be team oriented with demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Facilitate engaging presentations that contribute to business impact.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions for business impact and scalability.
- Stay current with L&D Industry trends and best practices to elevate learning offerings.
- Identify new ways to improve talent development at BSC;- including but not limited to, career development, leadership development, and continuous learning.
- Enable and empower employee learning communities and other types of peer-to-peer learning experiences, especially with an asynchronous approach.
- While facilitating training, utilize technology to boost the transfer of knowledge for virtual learning environments.
- Market available learning opportunities through company intranet sites, weekly emails, and other event marketing collateral.
- Manage and Implement key processes and projects; develops and drive project plan; build team ownership and commitment to project plan; keep documentation organized.
- Responsible for the team and cross-functional communications; liaison between the team and a project review board; project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
- Measure and continually improve the effectiveness of training and development initiatives. Work closely with Operations, Quality, and Engineering employees on the initiatives of training products and processes.
- Provide direction and support for the Learning Management System maintaining the integrity of the system.
- Ensure all training and tracking practices comply with the requirements of the Quality System and applicable local department practices.
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001 and BSC Environmental, Health, and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
- Bachelor of Business in HR/L&D or related discipline
- 8yrs+ experience in a similar role or HRBP role with a focus on L&D
- Facilitating and train-the-trainer experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of L&D best practice and trends
- Experience in the medical device, pharma, or manufacturing industry is an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.