Great opportunity for anyone looking to continue their career within IT and in a leadership position, if you have 3 years or more experience in a leadership position and work well independently and with your team, this could be for you. I would be happy to discuss the role and what you are looking for in more detail.
- Technical Lead for new transitions and projects requiring architectural change.
- Manage the local team and ensure they are working to KPI’s and within SLA’s.
- Ensure local operations do not derail and report back to the line manager on any issues that cause disruption to the business.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line IT and telephony support to users and act as an escalation point for the Global Service Desk, Local Team and the Business.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and be confident to discuss IT matters with Managing Directors
- Move as many servers as possible to Data Centre to operate while hosted in the DC.
- Perform on-site and remote technical support for all UK and Ireland businesses. Provide users with appropriate level of support and advice;
- Adhere to KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Perform Qualification activities related to IT Infrastructure on-site
- Perform IT Commissioning activities related with GxP Lab Instruments, set-up new user accounts, review accounts, administration accounts on QC instruments.
- As site Administrator for QC instruments it is critical to meet operations business needs to support the release of new equipment on-site & on-time.
- Take responsibility for IT Quality events identified from internal & external Audits, adhering to agreed quality timelines.
- Ensuring adherence to Quality procedures for IT projects on-site (e.g. Change Control, CAPA).
- Ensure IT support to the site regarding QC Investigations.
- Update IT SOP’s as needed.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality.
- Perform and manage daily system monitoring utilising tools made available.
- Verify integrity and availability of all hardware.
- Responsible for transfer of onsite server to central hosting Data Centre
- Build configuration and implementation of local servers or servers in DC and ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the servers.
- Patch servers with Microsoft WSUS Critical Updates.
- Ensure all systems are updated with the latest Anti-Virus definition files.
- Administer Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP.
- Ensure capacity for growth and alignment with local business desires and plans, participating in the definition of the infrastructure design;
- Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the systems.
- Ensure adequate support is accessible to the users of the services.
- Coordinate WAN connectivity with vendors;
- Ensure all necessary technical support is provided to all internal users and Maintain users’ satisfaction in the specific fields of responsibilities.
- Perform daily backup operations (where applicable) and ensure integrity of backup media and media is hosted off-site;
- Perform regular test restores and DR testing, File and backup servers. (Physical and Virtual), Switches, firewalls and routers;
- Act as backup for server and storage support, including front line support on general software (MS Office and business systems).
- Be part of kick off meetings when discussing requirements.
- Conduct full IT Infra site audits and be the technical lead for such projects and insure timely completion, produce a plan for transition.
- Work closely with / or act as the Project Manager (depending on size of acquisition) to, ensure all tasks are identified and that each task has realistic timelines allocated to it.
- Contribute to corporate/company-wide projects as required
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to achieve accuracy and reliability of information, in particular reliability of local network and servers;
- Generate specific reports with conclusions with a high level of quality and technical competence with input to the IT Operations & Service Desk Manager on a regular basis on technical guidance, reporting, planning, and budget.
- Setting and compiling targets and providing statistical or other reports.
- Degree qualification in Computer Science
- ITIL certified
- Microsoft certification
- Cisco certification
- Experience with NetApp and VMware
- At least 3 years in a leadership role
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Excellent accuracy and speed of work
- Experience in working within a GMP lab environment
- Good understanding on Regulatory requirements for IT systems with in a GMP environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of how to deliver a cost effective, high quality service
- Good planning skills / effective organiser
- Highly confidential and discrete
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to complete tasks and take ownership of them
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Lia Boyland.