- Reference: D46951
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin West, Kildare
- Category: Information Technology
Excellent opportunity for an individual experienced in Network Engineering to join a successful IT Services Company in Dublin.
- Provides IT Services to the sME Sector.
- Microsoft Certified Partner
- Microsoft Small Business Specialist
- Has won Microsoft Partner of the Year multiple times.
- Manage a subset of the client’s customer base and display ownership over those accounts.
- Carry out project work on customer sites. 70% on site, 30% travelling in Dublin on average.
- Windows server installs & migration, new PC setups and migrations.
- Working on Hyper – V Farms; Clustered Environments; Azure; Hosted Server Infrastructure and Active Directory installations.
- Microsoft Exchange installations & Office 365.
- Provide support to customers on any software or hardware issues that they may have, including:
- Support on server systems, on PC and laptops.
- Firewall and router technology support.
- Windows mobile and handheld devices.
- Provide second level escalation support to the service desk/field service team.
- Support Sales Team and provide Pre-Sales advice on projects.
- Advise customers on their current and/or new technologies and give recommendations where possible.
- Continue to learn new technologies / self-educate and highlight where training is required.
- Minimum 5 years of Network Engineering experience performing planning, design, installation, support and optimisation.
- Working knowledge and experience in Network Engineering and Operations.
- Working knowledge of networking in the following areas: Wireless, Network Policy Management, Firewalls, IPS, AAA and route/switch.
- Knowledge of Wintel server, knowledge in deploying, operating, and maintaining various network systems and knowledge of network design.
- Experience with security certificate management and deployment and IP Addressing Schema.
- Working knowledge in managing intrusion prevention/detection systems and with vulnerability scans and assessments.
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization systems and protocols.
- Strong TCP/IP network administration skills.
- Experience in managing VPN’s and in managing Firewalls.
- Solid knowledge of Windows networking and security. Windows/UNIX and Active Directory integration experience is a big plus.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to producing high quality documentation.
- Ability to work well with others across many organizations including development, sales, marketing, finance, customer support, and field service.
- Professional demeanour and strong work ethic.
Interested? See contact details below!
- For further information on this role, please contact Blaithin O’Shea on 01-6620088 or email email@example.com
- For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
- For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick