Senior Human Resource Generalist - Galway - Hybrid - Contract
Our client, a world-leading medical device manufacturer based in Galway is looking for a Senior HR Generalist to join their team. As a member of the People Services team within HR Operations, this HR Generalist role will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise, while providing core HR generalist services and support such as introductory employee and manager guidance, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices.
- Provide HR guidance/support in the areas of: policy and process interpretation, employee relations, employee engagement, change management and process improvement, competency development, talent management, and employment law compliance.
- Covers incoming phone calls and virtual chat to provide answers to common questions on low complexity inquires on process and policies. Seeks guidance from Team Leads and/or senior team members to escalate inquires as appropriate
- Begin to shadow Sr. team members to coach and consult employees and people managers on performance management, development, morale, employee relations and organization effectiveness, helping to determine root causes and recommending appropriate next steps.
- Begin to provide guidance and direction to client group(s) to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees. Consult with managers to ensure the consistent application of and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Learn and support communication and utilization of performance management tools & processes and compensation & rewards programs.
- Learn and demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset. Execute change processes, policies and programs to improve business effectiveness.
- Begin to establish and cultivate internal relationships with key stake holders such as HR Centers of Excellence, HR Business Partners and/or broader HR Operations to drive consistencies and execute on initiatives to support the business.
- Ensure HR services are delivered in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- BS/BA Degree in HR discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of HR Generalist or equivalent experience
- Sound judgment, Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Excellent communication skills
- Shared Services experience a distinct advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.