Our client based in Co Galway are looking for Senior Group Lead on evening shift.
As the group lead you will be required to supervise, support and mentor a team of up to 4 Group Leaders and approx. 60 Production Operators and instill and maintain a positive team atmosphere in the production area.
- Ensure that production is staffed in accordance with capacity planning and that labor costs are managed within budget. Participate in the interviewing and selection process for new and existing employees.
- Ensure that all quality and GMP requirements are met and that procedures and standard work are followed. Address issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective cross-training and job rotation is implemented for Production Operators.
- Support and encourage the submission and implementation of continuous improvement ideas for all team members.
- Ensure that 5S and good housekeeping practices are complied with.
- Work closely with other departmental leads to ensure scheduling of R&D projects and new product introductions meet customer requirements, keeping Customer Operations informed of any delays or impacts to shipments.
- Previous experience as a Group Leader or equivalent role is required.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Be self-directed and work with minimum supervision.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all departments at all levels within the organization structure.
- Be able to lead cross-functional meetings and teams.
- A can-do attitude with an emphasis on meeting all internal and external customer requirements.
- Be able to analyze and challenge existing systems and processes and suggest practical improvements.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney
091 706 717