Your new role would consist of –
Being responsible for developing and executing optimal commodity & sourcing strategies. Establishing & enhancing supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, whilst reducing or mitigating risk in the Supply Chain. You would be responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and aligning on optimal sourcing strategies to develop and implement one common commodity strategy for the assigned category. You would be responsible for developing a supplier database that identifies and categorizes potential suppliers by commodity and also by region.
Your day to day –
- Providing strategic influence while building value-add relationships with engaged finished good suppliers and respective internal stakeholders to increase sourcing efficiency.
- Promoting and working towards balanced continuous (year-on-year) value improvement for all aspects of quality, service, and cost with the assigned supply base.
- Ensure an optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure to ensure maximum value is realized.
- Negotiate value improvements and manages optimal supplier contracts.
- Assist in the supplier stratification activities and develops capability roadmaps with supplier engineering and commodity management as part of the commodity strategy.
- Manage strategic supplier relationships in line with the commodity strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier.
- Interacting with site operational procurement teams.
- Own your annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as a crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Establish early, new supplier involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports company quality policy, quality systems and ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Gather data and trends for the commodity and sub-commodities.
- Define, build and plan alignment on commodity strategy for assigned commodity.
- Identify any risks within the commodity and work closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
- Lead R&D communications related to the commodity and facilitates the identification and evaluation of new materials or technologies to cover current and potential future company requirements.
- Build alignment between business needs and market dynamics.
- Identify insourcing and outsourcing opportunities.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in key sourcing categories that result in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Guide respective internal leads through a holistic & systematic category approach to material & supplier selection and management.
- Establish early involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Work closely with and engages in proactive information sharing with other Global Sourcing Team Members to optimize supply base.
- Develop Should-Cost Models for major sub-commodities.
- Analyse data and develops tools to manage the Commodity.
The Essentials -(you’ll need to have these)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management
- Proven quantitative abilities e.g. cost modeling, data analysis
- Experience managing optimal supplier contracts and negotiating value improvements
If you have the following qualifications, well done you! Call me now!
- MBA degree preferred
- Contract Manufacturer, OEM, Finished Good sourcing experience preferred
- ISM Certification a plus – either CPM or C.P.S.M.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!