- Reference: CJ46804
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
One of the leading Tech Startups in California is setting up a Finance team in Cork – do you want to be part of the initial Cork team and go on an exciting journey as they scale up the operation?
Collins McNicholas Recruitment & HR Services Group have been exclusively retained to support this global leader in putting together a team of self-starters who enjoy working in a dynamic and ever evolving environment. Some of their current customer base include the likes of Netflix, Sony, eBay, McDonalds and Microsoft to name but a few. If you have an inquisitive mind and a good sense of humour (your favourite joke at the ready for interview!), then please read on….
We are currently looking to speak with those who are interested in a progressive Senior GL Accountant position. Reporting to the General Ledger Manager in the US, you will be responsible for GL activities including recording journal entries, reconciling accounts, reviewing/analysing reporting packages and preparing support schedules for management and auditors. Additionally, this role will be involved in month-end and quarter-end close related activities and other exciting projects on an ad-hoc basis.
Overview of the main responsibilities:
- Determine proper accounting under US GAAP, prepare supporting schedules and enter journal entries into the Workday ERP system.
- On a monthly basis, review reporting packages prepared by a third party for multiple non-US legal entities.
- Prepare reconciliations for assigned GL accounts in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly Summary Management Report where account balances are analysed through metrics and supporting detail.
- Assist in the period end close and meet deadlines as outlined in the close calendar.
- Prepare, review and analyse data required for statutory reporting for multiple legal entities.
What a suitable profile looks like for this role:
- 4+ years hands on full cycle GL processing experience in a high-volume environment, including multi-entity/international transactions.
- US GAAP reporting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree & Professional Accountancy Qualification – ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Knowledge of Workday Financials ERP system an advantage.
- Prior Audit experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Result-oriented with a strong ability to work with limited supervision across time zones.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
- Michael O'Brien
- Principal Consultant & Commercial Team Lead
- 021 4911064
- Connect with MichaelLinkedINEmail