- Reference: CJ45579yyyy
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Tipperary
- Category: Information Technology
Senior Firmware & Software Engineer
As a Firmware/Software Engineer you will be responsible for the programming of devices and systems, by functioning as part of a team responsible for designing a range of medical devices including implantables.
You will develop embedded firmware and software in accordance with medical software standards.
- Develop complete Firmware and software solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware team to define the architecture of new products.
- Microcontroller selection for new designs.
- Develop Bluetooth communications solutions for medical devices and apps.
- Debug, verification and validation of design.
- Document design progress and activity.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Participate in cross functional product development.
- Demonstrate best-in-class software development methodologies.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues to develop robust designs meeting all of the required design inputs.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Computer science / Electronic engineering, or related field (Ideally in medical devices / regulated industry).
- 5+ years’ experience developing embedded code in C or C++.
- Having worked in Medical device software systems is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Experience with Microcontrollers such Microchip, Atmel and TI.
- Experience with motor control and fluidics an advantage.
- Familiarity with popular interfaces: CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422
- Embedded fundamentals: Timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, Watchdog, Interrupts, Power saving etc
- Proficiency in understanding electronics schematics and use of lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator, etc.)
- Strong communication and influencing skills – good listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in motor control would be an advantage.
- Android Application development would be an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!