Great opportunity for a qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE to join a leading multinational manufacturing organisation. This would be a varied role, focused on the preparation of monthly accounts, forecasting and acting as a key business partner. 12-month contract with very good scope for extension or permanency (company has a proven track record of converting contractors to permanent positions).
Please feel free to contact Michael on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021-4809118 for more details.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue monthly management reports and manufacturing dashboards prior to the required submission date in accordance with tight reporting deadlines.
- Performance analysis on financial results, identify trends and highlight issues. Meet department managers to present this information on a monthly basis.
- CIP tracking and reporting.
- Assist in the formulation of the annual business plan and quarterly updates and submissions as required.
- Responsible for setting of variable and fixed departmental spend budgets.
- Prepare Value Stream Financial statements.
- Provide information to set CIP targets.
- Calculation of Standards Costs and Systems Costs
Financial and Corporate Reporting and Control
- Prepare and issue all reports required on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly updates to Operations Business Plan.
- Detailed knowledge of Corporate accounting standards and worldwide procedures.
- Maintain and implement internal control procedures relevant to areas of responsibility.
- Responsibility for Grant Claims.
- Business partner to Value Streams and support functions.
- Support the preparation of CARs and management of the annual capital budget.
- Support the validation of financial benefits for proposed projects.
- Be a value-adding member of the Manufacturing & Multifunctional Business Teams
- Develop financial awareness of all members in cross-functional teams
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Sox & Internal Control
- Support any requirements from External and internal auditors
- Provide support to ensure all accounting and reporting procedures comply with SOX and internal control guidelines
J.D. Edwards System
- Implement system enhancements in the Manufacturing and related Accounting areas. Validation of all system changes in these areas.
- Continuously improving controls, including edit reports and system access.
- Continuous Improvement focus
- Responsibility for duty compliance and monthly PCC Revenue Returns.
- All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
Overview of Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in an Accounting role, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Experience on a computerised accounting package e.g. JDE, SAP